The High Level Forum on “Shaping Smarter and More Sustainable Cities: Striving for Sustainable Development Goals” will take place in Rome, Italy on 18-19 May 2016. The Forum is organized by ITU and UNECE together with its Real Estate Market Advisory Group (REM), the support of the Ministry of Economic Development, Italy, the Chamber of Commerce of Rome and Tecnoborsa.
The Forum will feature compelling debates on a wide range of issues, including:
- smart solutions and sustainable ambitions for the cities of tomorrow
- priorities for urban leaders and policy makers
- key performance indicators for smart sustainable cities
- privacy, trust and cybersecurity
- efficient ways of operating smart sustainable cities using information and communications technologies for city stakeholders to curb urban development issues
- role of smart sustainable cities in the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda.
- H.E. Mr. Antonio Gentile, Undersecretary of State of the Ministry of Economic Development, President of the Italian Task Force for Smart Cities, Italy
- H.E. Mr. Riccardo Nencini, Vice Minister, Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, Italy
- H.E. Ms. Daiva Matoniene, Vice Minister of the Environment, Republic of Lithuania
- H.E. Mr. Vyacheslav Negoda, Deputy Minister of Regional Development, Ukraine
- H.E. Dr. Aisha Bin Bishr, Director General, Smart Dubai Office
- Malcolm Johnson, Deputy Secretary General, ITU
- Giampiero Bambagioni, Chair UNECE Real Estate Market Advisory Group (REM)
- Nasser Al Marzouqi, Chairman, ITU-T Study Group 20 "IoT and its applications, including smart cities and communities"
- H.E. Mr. Vincenzo Gibiino, President OPMI, Member of the Parliament, Italy
- H.E. Ms. Silvia Fregolent, Member of the Parliament, Italy
- Giorgio Spaziani Testa, President Confedilizia, Italy
- Lorenzo Tagliavanti, President, Chamber of Commerce of Rome, Italy
- Valter Giammaria, President, Tecnoborsa
- Piero Fassino, Mayor of Turin and President, ANCI, Italy
- Vitalii Lukov, Mayor of Voznesensk, Ukraine
- Petra Oberrauner, Deputy Mayor, City of Villach
View the programme:
What: Forum on “Shaping Smarter and More Sustainable Cities: Striving for Sustainable Development Goals
When: 18-19 May 2016
Where: Rome, Italy
Why: To provide a platform to present current national and international initiatives in the realm of smart and sustainable cities and will identify key challenges and opportunities also at the local level.
Who: City planners, engineers, designers, policy-makers, government officials, regulators, academia, standards experts and others to raise awareness on the role of ICT to build the cities we want.
Additional information at:
Tel: +41 022.917.1672
Tel: +41 795.991.458
Tel: +39 0657300710